About Svetlana Bonner M.D.
- In private practice of psychiatry/psychoanalysis since 1999
- Psychotherapy supervision/consultation to mental health practitioners
- Diagnostic/medication consultations for patients and physicians in other specialties
- Excellent medication manager - started medical career in anesthesiology
- Residency (Psychiatry): Oregon Health Sciences University
- Residency (Anesthesiology): Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Psychoanalytic training: San Francisco Psychoanalytic/Oregon Psychoanalytic Institutes
- Faculty, San Francisco Psychoanalytic Institute
Dr. Svetlana Bonner
Dr. Bonner graduated from Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York, and has been in private practice since 1989. She started as an anesthesiologist/critical care specialist and later moved into psychiatry.
Being trained in both specialties provides her with with a unique set of skills, which is unusual in the field. Dr. Bonner is known for her ability to treat people who have not otherwise been able to find relief. She also consults with parents of adolescents, coaching them on the parenting styles that foster better relationships within the family. She counsels executives and professionals regarding management skills and conflict resolution. Dr. Bonner is a psychotherapist/psychoanalyst, and practices in a contemporary holistic way that focuses on the person, rather than the diagnosis. Dr. Bonner's perspective has led her to become a specialist in several areas including:
- Anxiety, depression, bipolar illness, and personality disorders.
- Adjustment to life cycle events, relationship difficulties.
- Success-focused business management and conflict resolution.
- Cultural adjustment and integration.
- Parenting of adolescents.
- Professional writing.
- Bonner S. (2007) Un marchandage de serviteur: La perversion comme survie. L’annee
psychanalytique internationale 2007:155-72.
- Bonner S. (2006)A servant’s bargain: perversion as survival. International Journal of Psychoanalysis 87:1549-68.
- Bonner S (1998). The Social, the Personal, the Inspiring, The American Psychoanalyst
- Bonner S (1990). Admission and Discharge Criteria, in Postanesthetic Care, Frost
EAM, Goldiner PL (eds), Appleton and Lange, E. Norwalk, Connecticut.
- Bonner S (1989). The Patient for Thyroidectomy, in Preanesthetic Assessment, Vol 2.
Frost EAM (Ed), Birkhauser, Boston, 229-243.
- Bonner S (1988). The Preanesthetic Management of the Patient for Thyroidectomy,
Anesthesiology News, 14(10).
- Bonner S (1988). The Patient for Thyroidectomy. NYSSA Sphere 40 (3): 29-35.
- Bonner S, Mann MJ, Guffanti AA, Krulwich TA (19820. Na+/Solute Symport in
Membrane Vesicles from BACILLUS ALKALOPHILUS. Bioch Bioph Acta 679: 315-322.
- Lewis RJ, Bonner S, Krulwich TA (1980) Alkalophiles Have Much Higher
Cytochrome Content Than Conventional Bacteria and Than Their Own Non-Alkalophilic
Mutant Derivatives. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 95 (2): 857-863..